|Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining IP Addressing
|Configure TCP/IP addressing on a server computer.
- Manage DHCP clients and leases.
- Manage DHCP Relay Agent.
- Manage DHCP databases.
- Manage DHCP scope options.
- Manage reservations and reserved clients.
|Troubleshoot TCP/IP addressing.
- Diagnose and resolve issues related to Automatic Private IP Addressing (APIPA).
- Diagnose and resolve issues related to incorrect TCP/IP configuration.
- Diagnose and resolve issues related to DHCP authorization.
- Verify DHCP reservation configuration.
- Examine the system event log and DHCP server audit log files to find related events.
- Diagnose and resolve issues related to configuration of DHCP server and scope options.
- Verify that the DHCP Relay Agent is working correctly.
- Verify database integrity.
|Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining Name Resolution
|Install and configure the DNS Server service.
- Configure DNS server options.
- Configure DNS zone options.
- Configure DNS forwarding.
- Manage DNS zone settings.
- Manage DNS record settings.
- Manage DNS server options.
|Monitor DNS. Tools might include System Monitor, Event Viewer, Replication Monitor, and DNS debug logs.
|Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining Network Security
|Implement secure network administration procedures.
- Implement security baseline settings and audit security settings by using security templates.
- Implement the principle of least privilege.
|Install and configure software update infrastructure.
- Install and configure software update services.
- Install and configure automatic client update settings.
- Configure software updates on earlier operating systems.
|Monitor network protocol security. Tools might include the IP Security Monitor Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in and Kerberos support tools.
|Troubleshoot network protocol security. Tools might include the IP Security Monitor MMC snap-in, Event Viewer, and Network Monitor.
|Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining Routing and Remote Access
|Configure Routing and Remote Access user authentication.
- Configure remote access authentication protocols.
- Configure Internet Authentication Service (IAS) to provide authentication for Routing and Remote Access clients.
- Configure Routing and Remote Access policies to permit or deny access.
|Manage remote access.
- Manage packet filters.
- Manage Routing and Remote Access routing interfaces.
- Manage devices and ports.
- Manage routing protocols.
- Manage Routing and Remote Access clients.
|Manage TCP/IP routing.
- Manage routing protocols.
- Manage routing tables.
- Manage routing ports.
|Implement secure access between private networks.
|Troubleshoot user access to remote access services.
- Diagnose and resolve issues related to remote access VPNs.
- Diagnose and resolve issues related to establishing a remote access connection.
- Diagnose and resolve user access to resources beyond the remote access server.
|Troubleshoot Routing and Remote Access routing.
- Troubleshoot demand-dial routing.
- Troubleshoot router-to-router VPNs.
|Maintaining a Network Infrastructure
|Monitor network traffic. Tools might include Network Monitor and System Monitor.
|Troubleshoot connectivity to the Internet.
|Troubleshoot server services.
- Diagnose and resolve issues related to service dependency.
- Use service recovery options to diagnose and resolve service-related issues.